Zambia – Roadworthiness Inspection (RWI)
Roadworthiness Inspection （RWI） in compliance with Zambian Standards ZS560 by Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA)
ATJ conducts Roadworthiness Inspections (RWI) for Accredited Inspections companies in Japan, Singapore, U.A.E., United Kingdom, South Africa and United States of America in compliance with both the Zambian Standards ZS560.
There are conformity assessment procedures shall be used to verify that all used motor vehicles (including motorbikes, cars, vans, buses and trucks of all sizes) exported to Zambia are in compliance with ZS560:2004 before shipment from the supply country. ATJ adheres to the following critical parameters in the standard.
- Road Worthiness shall be determined by the compliance of requirements specified in the standard.
- The vehicle should be free of CFC (R12) gas.
The inspection criteria includes;
- a.Visual inspection
- b.Engine check
- c.Braking systems and components check
- d.Steering wheel check
- e.Suspension and underside check
- f.Exhaust system check
- g.Doors check
- h.Interior check
- i.Wheel hubs/stub axles/tires check
- j.Instrumentation check
- k.Electrical wiring and equipment check
- l.Lightning system check
- m.Obligatory reflectors check
- n.Mirrors and wipers check
- o.Windscreen glass check
- p.Accessory check
- a.Speed Meter check
- b.Brake check
- c.Headlight check
- d.Side Slip check
- e.Exhaust/Smoke check
- f.Drive and idle test
- g.Radioactive contamination inspection
*only Japan, UAE