Article 1 (Personal information)
“Personal information” refers to information about a living individual as defined by the Personal Information Protection Act, and it includes information that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, and other descriptions contained in the information. It also encompasses data related to one’s appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and information that can identify a specific individual from the information itself, such as the insurer number on a health insurance card (personal identification information).
Article 2 (Methods of Collecting Personal Information)
We may ask for personal information, such as your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, driver’s license number, and more, when users register for our services. Additionally, we may collect transaction records and payment-related information, including your personal information, from our business partners (which include information providers, advertisers, and ad networks, hereinafter referred to as “Partners”) and others with whom you have transactions.
Article 3 (Purposes of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows:
- １．For the provision and operation of our services.
- ２．To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification).
- ３．To send emails regarding new features, updates, campaigns for services in use by users, and information about other services provided by our company.
- ４．For necessary communication, such as maintenance and important notices.
- ６．To allow users to view, change, delete, and review their registered information and service usage.
- ７．To charge users for fees associated with paid services.
- ８．Other purposes related to the above purposes.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- １．The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only to the extent that it is reasonably recognized to have relevance to the purpose before the change.
- ２．In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the user of the revised purpose through the Company’s designated method or disclose it on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- １．Unless permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, we will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the user’s prior consent, except in the following cases:
- a. When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and obtaining the individual’s consent is difficult.
- b. When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and obtaining the individual’s consent is difficult.
- c. When national agencies or local public entities or individuals entrusted by them need cooperation in performing tasks based on laws and regulations, and obtaining the individual’s consent may hinder the performance of such tasks.
- d. When we have notified or publicly announced in advance the following items and reported to the Personal Information Protection Commission.
- └ Inclusion of providing to third parties in the intended use.
- └ Items of data to be provided to third parties.
- └ Means or methods of providing to third parties.
- └ Procedures for accepting requests from individuals to suspend the provision of personal information to third parties.
- └ How to respond to requests from individuals.
- ２．Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the provision of such information shall not be to third parties:
- a. When we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- b. When personal information is provided in connection with a business succession due to a merger or other reasons.
- c. When personal information is jointly used between specific individuals, and the purpose of joint use, items of personal information jointly used, the range of joint users, the purpose of use of joint users, and the name or appellation of the person responsible for the management of the personal information are notified to individuals in advance or placed in a condition where individuals can easily know.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- １．We will promptly disclose personal information to the individual when requested. However, we may not disclose it in part or in full if any of the following apply, and in such cases, we will notify the individual accordingly. In addition, a fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.
- a. When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- b. When there is a risk of significantly impeding the proper implementation of our business.
- c. When it would violate any laws or regulations.
- ２．Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we will generally not disclose information other than personal information, such as browsing history and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- １．Users may request the correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) of their personal information held by the Company if they find that the information is inaccurate, through the procedures set by the Company.
- ２．If the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to a request from a user under the preceding paragraph, it will promptly carry out the correction, etc. of the personal information in question.
- ３．If the Company performs corrections, etc., based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph or makes a decision not to perform corrections, etc., it will promptly notify the user of this.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- １．If a user requests the suspension of use or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) of their personal information on the grounds that the information is being handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use that have been publicly announced or because the information was collected through fraudulent or other wrongful means, the Company will conduct an investigation without delay.
- ２．Based on the investigation results from the preceding paragraph, if the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to the user’s request, it will promptly suspend the use of the personal information in question.
- ３．If the Company suspends the use of personal information based on the provisions of the preceding paragraphs or decides not to suspend the use, it will promptly notify the user.
- ４．Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if suspending the use of personal information would incur significant expenses or if it is otherwise difficult to suspend the use, and alternative measures can be taken to protect the user’s rights and interests, the Company will implement these alternative measures.
- １．The Company reserves the right to change the content of this Policy, except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations, without notifying the users.
Article 10 (Contact Information)
For inquiries regarding this Policy, please contact the following:
- 1-17-69 Shiohama Kisarazu-city Chiba 292-0838 Japan
- Company name：
- Autoterminal Japan Ltd.